Michael Jordan’s creative dexterity and stealth put his opponents on edge and threw them off balance, earning him the infamous nickname “Black Cat”. Throughout the 1997–98 season Jordan consistently outmaneuvered his rivals with a remarkable deftness all his own.
Michael Jordan’s reputation for cat-like reflexes on the court inspired designer Tinker Hatfield to unleash the spirit of the panther for the Air Jordan 13. The sole was modeled after a panther’s paw print and included holograms on the bottom and by the ankle to represent a cat’s glowing eyes. Jordan led the Bulls to another three-peat in the 13 and earned his sixth NBA title. He retired as a champion for the second time in his career.
Black / True Red
- Kids can pay homage to hoops history in the Boys’ Preschool Air Jordan Retro 13 Basketball Shoes.
- Full-grain leather upper with foam for comfort
- Plush Phylon foam through the midsole for shock absorption as he plays
- Heritage hardwood style details for a throwback look
- Rubber sole with herringbone traction pattern